Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home

It might go without saying that I have always struggled with religion and spirituality. I wrote this during one of those struggling moments.

Home
It's late at night. Sleeping are most except myself deep in thought. A longing to speak to God so near yet his home is so far away. I know I get closer by walk or crawl but the distance so minute hardly a fraction could describe. If I am on the 5th floor I am positive that I am closer to Heaven than the person on the bottom floor. But when we both look up the distance is the same. I comprehend my task and my life endeavor. It’s simply to walk home; home where I began where life begins and ends. Yet I know not the address, the street, or even the neighborhood. I can only tell by some signs on the road and a homemade compass that I am going in the right direction. But will I know I’m there? Will I see it on the horizon or will I miss a turn? Will someone be there to welcome me and grant me rest from my long travel? Why these questions seem so loud in my head I’ll never know until I’m home.

No comments: